Danielle is the founder of Equality Aware and an experienced trainer and consultant with international work experience. Her areas of work includes gender equality, peacebuilding, advocacy, facilitation, community development and development education.
Her experience includes
Working with the peacebuilding charity Pax Populi which provides an English tutoring service and promotes intercultural dialogue between tutors in America and Europe with students in Afghanistan. Here she developed the projects ‘Voices for Peace’ which engaged people from Afghanistan and 16 other counties to share their work, hopes and ideas for the advancement of peace.
And the ‘Be Inspired’ initiative which raised awareness for women’s rights in Afghanistan. Profiling the experiences and roles of women in Afghanistan, and created an online platform for people and community groups in the country to discuss the role’s held by and the issues effecting women in the country.
In Ireland Danielle has been working with the women’s organisation NCCWN supporting women’s rights and promoting gender equality. And serving on the management board of Donegal domestic violence service. She has written a number of features on women’s inequality issues such as sexual violence, women in peacebuilding and equal political representation for a Irish newspaper, the blog unwrappingconflict.com and for the equal political representation advocacy organisation The 5050 Group.
Believing in the importance of engaging with youth and supporting their empowerment, in 2014 Danielle travelled to Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina delivering workshops to youth on using social media for social innovation which resulted in students developing a project called ‘Journal of Youth’.
In Northern Ireland she has also facilitated a number of discussions between final year high school students and politicians in Northern Ireland, with the aim of challenging and educating young people on democracy and being active members of the community.
Qualifications and Courses Completed
- Master of Art in Peace and Conflicts Studies from Ulster University
- Bachelor of Law from University of Birmingham
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology & Media from University of Worcester
- Training & Development QQI Level 6 with Distinction
- Social Analysis- FETAC Level 6 with distinction
- Local and Global Development- FETAC Level 4 with distinction
- OCN-Facilitating Good Relations
- OCN- Conflict Management and Mediation Skills
- OCN Human Rights & the Underlying Causes of Political Conflict
- OCN Reconciliation and Peace Peer Education Skills
- LYCS Local-Global Development Trainer’s Programme